The NEW Hard Cheese Kit Makes 9 Delicious Cheeses:
- Large Curd Cottage Cheese
- Farmhouse Cheddar
- Monterey Jack
Why pay gourmet prices when you can learn to make your very own "additive and preservative-free" cheeses? All your family will join you in the fun of this tradition!
This is a Beginner Cheese Kit, ideal for those with no cheese making experience.
The kit comes with a detailed easy to follow directions demystifying the steps in the art of cheese making, and can be used with regular full cream milk, straight from the supermarket.
Making Hard Cheese is fun and easy, and most hard cheeses are made with these simple steps;
- Milk is warmed
- Starter culture and rennet are added
- The milk coagulates into a single curd
- The curd is cut and stirred to drain off whey
- The curd is sometimes heated and/or pressed, to remove even more whey
- The curd is moulded and shaped into a cheese, salting takes place before or after this process
- The cheese is matured or aged under controlled conditions
This Kit Contains:
- Instruction Booklet
- 200 mm Dairy Thermometer
- 10 Vegetable Rennet Tablets
- 2 x Direct Inoculation Mesophilic Hard Curd Starter Culture (100 Litre sachet - from SACCO)
- 165 mm Cheese Basket and Follower
- Sample Block of Cheese Wax
- Natural bristle Wax Brush
- Loose Weave Cheese Cloth
- 50 ml Calcium Chloride
- 250 gm Cheese Salt
- 2 x Free Sterile Jars, for storing the culture
All of these cheeses use the same culture, and our new kit comes with 2 sachets of culture containing a total of 24 doses. Make all of the cheeses, or make your favourite cheese 24 times!
Free shipping - but allow about a week for delivery